Monday, November 21, 2005

NōD

Hi Everyone,

My name is Colin Martin, I'm the editor of NōD, a new creative arts magazine in Calgary. For those of you unfamiliar with the project, we're based at the University of Calgary and run by the English Literature Student's Society (ELSS) with creative assistance from the Creative Writing Research Group (CWRG). We accept creative work for publication from both student and community bodies and have an interest in any creative work (poetry, prose, visual arts) that can be put on the page.

I'm emailing you for two reasons: first, to let you know about the upcoming launch of our first issue and second, to extend a call for submissions  to be considered for our second issue.

The Issue 1 launch party will be held in Calgary at  The Lazy Loaf and Kettle on Thursday, December first. The doors open at 7:00 and the first reader will hit the stage at 7:30. We have a smoking hot lineup with Jonathan Ball, kevin mcpherson eckhoff, Andrew Bretz and Monique Fournier reading their work and special musical guests "the ragtie bandits" featuring the paruresitic styling of the ridiculously sexy James Dangerous. Subscriptions and individual copies of NōD will be available for sale and a door prize draw will be held for all current subscription holders in attendance. If you're in Calgary that night, I hope to see you at the party!

This is also the official call for submissions for Issue 2 of the magazine. Poets and graphic artists, please send a maximum of 8 poems/pages of work; prose writers, we will consider work up to 2500 words as a general rule. Having said this, we are flexible, so if you have a special piece that operates outside these strictures, let me know; I'll be glad to take a look at it. Anyone whose work is accepted for publication in NōD will receive a free copy of the issue they are published in.

Finally, because we are a small magazine just starting out, I would be delighted if all of you forwarded a copy of this email to anyone you know who might be interested in submitting work to us or who might just want to know more about what we do. If you have any questions or comments, I'd love to hear them and answer them if I can. If you don't want to receive any more emails from me regarding the magazine, let me know and I'll remove you from the email list. We can always be contacted at elss@ucalgary.ca.

I look forward to seeing you or hearing from all of you in the very near future,

Colin Martin,
ELSS VP Publications,
Editor, NōD.

2 Comments:

Blogger Colin Martin said...

Jill, you a supahstar! Thanks for posting this, i digga yo action.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

I digga yo. Yo digga.

um

heh

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home